Screamfest Horror Film Festival is this week! Dapper Cadaver will be sponsoring the event and supplying props for the photo booth as well as on the red carpet. The event runs from today, Tuesday October 14-October 23rd. Check out the schedule and buy your passes here!
Shriekfest: The Los Angeles Horror/Sci-Fi Film Festival & Screenplay Competition is this weekend October 2-5 at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood!
The event kicks off tonight with an opening night party at club Sinister/Boardners. Tickets are available for $10 at the door and 1 free screening ticket is included!
We will be presenting an award for the super short film category on Sunday night. Check out all of the events and buy tickets here. See you there!
Don’t forget to pick up your copy of LAWeekly today! Dapper Cadaver has been recognized as the Best Horror Prop Shop in Los Angeles by LAWeekly. Pick up your issue and check out the article here:
It’s wonderful to live in a town that really supports its horror filmmakers and fans. In September and October, you could attend a new horror film festival nearly every weekend. So break out your calendar and make sure to red pencil-in these LA area horror film festivals.
Presented in order of date:
- International Fear and Fantasy Film Festival (Burbank, CA) – The festival screens films from upcoming filmmakers and genre classics. supports a wide range of fear and fantasy films, including documentaries on social fear, science fiction and hardcore genre films. Last held: May 7 – 11, 2013 http://fearandfantasy.com/
- Big Bear Horro-Fi Film Festival (Big Bear, CA) – Where horror filmmakers and fans share their “grizzly” stories and then attempt to fall sleep in their cabin in the woods each night. Sounds like fun to us! Last held: May 18 – 19, 2013 http://bigbearhorrorfilmfest.com/
- Viscera Film Festival (Hollywood, CA) – Celebrating genre and horror films by women. Last held: July 13, 2013 http://www.viscerafilmfestival.com/
- Everybody Dies Film Festival (Orange County, CA) – Because everyone knows that the OC is a terrifying place. And a great place to see indie horror films. Save the date: September 13 – 15, 2013 http://everybodydiesfilmfest.com/
- H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival (San Pedro, CA) – A must-attend if you are an H.P. Lovecraft fan. And why wouldn’t Cthulu be hiding in the Port of Los Angeles these days? Save the date: September 27 – 29, 2013 http://www.hplfilmfestival.com/
- Shriekfest (Hollywood, CA) – International horror/thriller/sci-fi/fantasy festival and screenplay competition. Dapper Cadaver is excited to be sponsoring the Best Short Screenplay award this year! Save the date: October 3 – 6, 2013 http://www.shriekfest.com/
- Screamfest (Hollywood, CA) – The largest and longest running horror film festival in the United States. Save the date: October 8 – 17, 2013 https://screamfestla.com
- LA Horror Fest (Hollywood, CA) – Celebrating independent filmmakers in the horror genre. Great way to spend your Halloween weekend. Save the date: October 26 – 27, 2013 http://www.lahorrorfest.com/
- Shockfest Film Festival (Hollywood, CA) – Celebrates films that are different from the mainstream, including documentaries and music videos. Also hosts a Miss Shockfest competition. Last held: November 16 – 17, 2012 Check the site for 2013 dates. http://www.shockfilmfest.com/
Are there any Los Angeles horror film fests that I missed? Post them in the comments section!